|RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
[ วันที่ 28/05/2007 จำนวนผู้ชม 15559 ครั้ง ]
Responsibility of MSDHS is to promote social development and create public equity and social justice. Its operation aim to encourage and develop quality of life, social security, family and communication institutes as well as other concerned functions as prescribed by the laws to be the duties and authority of MSDHS or agencies under the Ministry.
Duties and Authority
1. Office of the Minister has its function in relation to political matters with a view to support the ministers conduct of his/her duties and taking charge of policy coordination with other ministries. It has the following duties and authority :
1.1 Compiling, analyzing data and information as well as proposing recommendation for the Ministers consideration and decision ;
1.2 Supporting the Ministers political tasks in relation to other Ministers, the Cabinet, the Parliament and the people ;
1.3 Coordinating in replying the inquiries, explanation on motions and on draft Acts, and other political issues ;
1.4 Considering all the petitions, appeals and requests for assistance to the Minister ;
1.5 Performing other functions as prescribed by the laws to be the duties and authority of the Office of the Minister or entrusted by the Minister or by the Council of Ministers.
2. Office of the Permanent Secretary has its functions in relation to the development of strategies, the translation of MSDHS policies into action plans, the allocation of strategies, the development of information and communication technology with a view to reach the goals and achieve results effectively. It has the following duties and authority:
2.1 Developing MSDHS administrative strategies;
2.2 Translating policies into guidelines and action plans;
2.3 Economically allocating and administrating all MSDHS resources for the best benefit ;
2.4 Coordinating, monitoring, accelerating and evaluating the operating and implementation of agencies under MSDHS ;
2.5 Development information and communication technology systems for serving the administrative work and services of agencies under of the MSDHS;
2.6 Coordinating and exchanging international cooperation and mutual assistance as well as integrating policies of social development, social welfare, and human security in relevance to the international declarations and conventions ;
2.7 Setting standards for social development, social welfare and rights protection ;
2.8 Studying and analyzing social situation, conduction researches on social warning system , social treatment and protection ;
2.9 Supporting the enactment and amendment of the Ministrys laws and regulations and others concerned ;
2.10 Promotion and developing the cooperative networks from all sectors for social development, social welfare and rights protection ;
2.11 Administrating Social Development and Human Security Fund ;
2.12 Compiling and analyzing information as well as disseminating and publicizing activities and accomplishments of MSDHS ;
2.13 Performing other function as prescribed by the laws to be duties and authority of the Office of the Permanent Secretary or entrusted by the Minister or by the Council of Ministers.
Under the auspices of the Office of the Permanent Secretary, there are agencies under its central and provincial administration. As for provincial administration, it has a Provincial Social Development and Human Security Offices (PSDHSO) in each of the 75 provinces. PSDHSO has the duties and authority as follows
1) Studying, analyzing and reporting social and economic situation for provincial policy formulation as well as proposing recommendations and solution ;
2) Coordination in making provincial plans, project and activities on social development and human security issues to be in line with the policies of the Ministry ;
3) Promoting and coordinating on the operation and activities provision according to the goals and tasks of the Ministry ;
4) Enhancing cooperation with GOs and NGOs networks at provincial level ;
5) Promoting and coordinating the provision of service and assistance to people with social problems as well as the referral system to concerned and authorized GOs and NGOs on social welfare ;
6) Being provincial information center for social development and human security ;
7) Publicizing, disseminating and campaigning for social development and human security, MSDHS accomplishments and progress of concerned academic information and data ;
8) Cooperating and supporting other concerned agencies or performing functions as entrusted by the Ministry.
3. Department of Social Development and Welfare (DSDW) has its functions in relation to providing social welfare services and assistance for vulnerable people, needy people, the destitute, people with social problems. Services provided are in forms of remedial, rehabilitative and developmental models. Additionally, institutional care, communities organization promotion and referral to other concerned agencies are also provided with regards to encouraging target groups to have self-reliance and dignity. DSDW has the following duties and authority :
3.1 Developing and standardizing models and methods of providing social work and welfare services for various target groups;
3.2 Supporting academic and technological information, giving consultation as well as monitoring and evaluating on social development and social welfare provision for concerned agencies and local organizations;
3.3 Providing social welfare services, assistance and prevention for socially distressed people in all target groups and coordinating appropriate agencies for referring ;
3.4 Promoting and coordinating the operation of social welfare services networks of each target group and each operational area ;
3.5 Promoting and arranging activities according to various special projects, the Royal Initiative Projects and the international cooperative agreements and commitments ;
3.6 Performing other functions as prescribed by the laws to be the duties and authority of entrusted by the Minister or by the Council of Ministers.
DSDW also has 12 Technical Promotion and Support Offices (TPSO) in 12 regions under its administration. It has the following duties and authority :
1) Analyzing and formulating plans for providing services in relation to the target groups and operational areas. Monitoring and evaluating the operational agencies are also included ;
2) Supporting technical knowledge and giving consultation to operational agencies, providing welfare services to all target groups as well as coordinating with local organizations, concerned agencies, NGOs and communities for organization social development and welfare systems which aim to promote quality of life and sustained self-reliance ;
3) Promoting and setting networks system for coordination in operational areas ;
4) Cooperating and supporting other concerned agencies of performing functions as entrusted by DSDW.
4. Office of Womens Affairs and Family Development has its functions in relation to development of woman potential, promotion of gender equality, empowerment of family institution as well as estabilshment of social equity and justice. It is in charge of formulating policy and measures to enhance social security for woman as well as setting up mechanisms for promoting coordination among concerned GOs and NGOs. It has the following duties and authority :
4.1 Development and suggesting guidelines to promote women potential, gender equality and security of family institution ;
4.2 Establishing and developing measures and mechanisms to promote woman potential, gender equality and security of family institution ;
4.3 Enhancing technical knowledge and supporting various resources to carry out the operation of network which aim to promote woman potential, gender equality and security of family institution ;
4.4 Promoting cooperation in relevance to the international agreements and commitments ;
4.5 Promoting cooperation for woman rights protection according to the laws.
4.6 Conducting researches to develop body of knowledge for promoting woman potential, gender equality and security of family institution ;
4.7 Establishing standards, monitoring and evaluating the implementation according to policies and measures ;
4.8 Coordinating information systems for the promotion of woman potential, gender equality and security of family institution ;
4.9 Performing other function as prescribed by the laws to be duties and authority of the Office of Womens Affairs and Family Development or entrusted by the Minister or by the Council of Ministers.
5. Office of welfare Promotion, Protection and Empowerment of Vulnerable Group (OPP) has its functions in relation to protecting rights and promoting potential of various target groups. It is in charge of formulating policy , measures and mechanisms for developing security and quality of life of the target groups as well as supporting coordination among concerned GOs and NGOs. It has the following duties and authority :
5.1 Suggesting guidelines for protecting rights and promoting potential of children, youth, vulnerable people , persons with disabilities and older persons ;
5.2 Establishing and developing measures and mechanisms for protecting rights and promoting potential of children, youth, vulnerable people, persons with disabilities and order persons ;
5.3 Enhancing technical knowledge and supporting various resources for the operations of networks which aim to protect rights and promote potential of the target groups ;
5.4 Establishing and developing standards to protect rights and promote potential of children, youth, vulnerable people, persons with disabilities and older persons as well as enhancing international cooperation in relevance to the world changes, the international agreements and commitments ;
5.5 Promoting activities to develop potential and social roles of children, youth, vulnerable people, persons with disabilities and older persons ;
5.6 Developing body of knowledge for protecting rights and promoting potential of children, youth, vulnerable people, persons with disabilities and older persons ;
5.7 Coordinating and supporting information and data for protecting rights and promoting potential of children, youth, vulnerable people, persons with disabilities and older persons ;
5.8 Performing other functions as prescribed by the laws to be duties and authority of the Office of Welfare Promotion, Protection and Empowerment of Vulnerable Groups or entrusted by the Minister or by the Cabinet.
6. National Housing Authority (NHA) has its functions in relation to provide housing for vulnerable people and the low-income people including low-level civil servants and other stage staff members to afford hire-purchase of housing units of their owns. The total units are 600,000 for 5 years (2003-2007). It has set its policy emphasizing:1 ) the facilitation and coordination to bring about the efficient future social development, 2) responsible for developing housing security and urban development to improve living quality to ensure a balanced, strong, livable and sustainable society. It has following authorities and duties :
6.1 Providing residential units for low-income people engaged in every sector, as well as, low-level civil servants, state enterprise personnel, labourers and individuals ;
6.2 Being responsible for housing development planning in the city and town level throughout the country ;
6.3 Setting the policy and planning strategy emphasizing the prevention and slum solving for the nation to serve the strategy of City Without Slum of UNCHS ( United National Center for Human Settlements/HABITAT ) ;
6.4 Being the center of Housing Technical Development Studies and being the main mechanism to support the national housing policy formulation ;
6.5 Encouraging the establishment of the Nation Housing and Urban Development Board ;
6.6 Encouraging the urban community development and housing estates development ;
6.7 Providing housing projects for public agencies or various institutions both welfare projects and hire-purchase or rental projects including housing projects according to the government housing policy ;
6.8 Encouraging the establishment of the National Urban Development Organization in charge of various urban development types i.e. New Town Development and Urban Renewal.
7. Community Organizations Development Institute (CODI) has its functions in relation to promote the development of community organizations and civil society by coordinating the efforts of stakeholders involved in community development . It has the following duties and authority ;
7.1 Supporting and enhancing the role of the community organizations and the local mechanism in development ;
7.2 Promoting community financial institutions and the community-oriented economy ;
7.3 Building and developing the loan system as a tool for development ;
7.4 Improving the efficiency and transparency of CODIs management systems to allow partners to participate and engage in its activities;
7.5 Promoting savings activities and general community welfare ;
7.6 Updating community information systems and encourage the sharing of information and knowledge between communities ;
7.7 Supporting integrated loan packages used by community organizations and networks to improve the quality of life of their members ;
7.8 Strengthening civil society from each level to have more power to develop their local area and to support community organizations.
8. Public Pawnshop Office has its functions in relation to low-income earners who have no other options for raising necessary funds, the agency offers reliable and fair pawnshop services, and provides information on pawnshop facilities in Thailand as a basic input for economic development in quality of life. It has the following duties and authority ;
8.1 Providing financial assistance for low-income earners through pledging of assets at low interest rates ;
8.2 Maintaining fair and standard prices among private pawnshops as stipulated by law.